The sports business and event management of the Faculty of Sports Science - Ton Duc Thang University has been developed with 6 international standards: training programs, teaching staff, learning opportunities and real internship, study and research environment, facilities and international relationships.
Through 4 professional internship periods, 50% of high practical subjects, participating in organizing national and international events, receiving oversea scholarships, studying with expert lecturers international students after graduation completely meet the most stringent requirements from international employers.
MAJOR : SPORT MANAGEMENT - CODE: 7810301
PROGRAM: STANDARD PROGRAM
3.1 GENERAL KNOWLEDGE:
ELO1: Understanding about the worldview and outlook on life, the policy of the government, the basic knowledge of Vietnamese law.
ELO2: Understanding and applying researching method, especially in sport field.
ELO3: Capable of foreign languge and computing science. equivalent to IELTS 5.0, and MOS standard international certificate.
3.2 Professional knowledge:
- ELO4: Understanding history, and the basic characteristics of sports in the areas of sports management, sports entertainment, event sports, and sports business.
- ELO5: Analyzing and evaluating market factors to optimize operational options in the areas of: executive management; commercial business of products and services in the field of sports.
- ELO6: Designing, operating social, cultural, sport and entertainment events.
- ELO7: Understanding and design coaching program for some kinds of sport following the standard of sport association and federation.
3.3. MAJOR KNOWLEDGE
- ELO8: Proposing to run business activities in the field of sports.
- ELO9: Designing, operating social, cultural, sport and entertainment events.
- ELO10: Capable of one kind of sport, and guiding for practice, organizing competition event for it.
3.4. General skill:
- ELO11: Effectively apply communication skills, team work, negotiate and manage time, write and present business plans, event programs..
3.5. Attitude and social awareness:
- ELO 12: Be honest and responsible, comply with ethics in professional sport ethics principles.
- ELO 13: Conscious to actively learn, self-study, improve professional skills to be able to solve urgent problems of society
4. CAREER OPPORTUNITY:
Graduates will find attractive positions, job opportunities in businesses, organizations, sports associations or resorts, hotels, media companies, events ... including:
- Director of sports business
- Expert Event
- Business event specialist - conference - workshop
- Sports market researcher
- Experts negotiate funding
- GYM manager
- Expert in designing and managing recreational sports programs
- Expert in tourism management, sports area management at hotels and resorts
- Professional sales manager
- Sports managers, sports club managers in international schools and universities