1. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE COURSE
- Subject Name: Physical Education-Swimming
- Course Code: D01001
- Credit: 2 (1,1), 45 periods
2. LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Knowledge: This course is designed to equip students with basic knowledge about swimming, history of formation and development, principles of body movement in water environment and basic technical principles. frog swimming, benefits of swimming, swimming rules.
- Skills: Know how to properly maneuver the frogs, develop physical strengths, stay on the water, know how to drown and be safe under water for use in life skills.
- Theory: General introduction of swimming (birth history, formation, development of swimming in the world and in Vietnam, benefits in swimming practice; water environment, frog swimming techniques, some basic swimming rules, some rescue skills, asphyxiation.
- Practice: Know the techniques of frog swimming; Standing, starting, spinning; Method of rescue and safety underwater; Exercise development
- Process evaluation (20%): small assignments, classroom questions
- Mid-term exam (30%): Practical - Frog leg movement technique
- Final exam (50%): Practice - Swimming frog and water floating