FACULTY OF SPORTS SCIENCE
Faculty of Sport science - Ton Duc Thang University was formerly the Center for Physical Education and Defense was established on 01/06/2009 with two subjects: Physical Education and Defense Education; By 2012, the Department of Sports Management will be established. In 2017, the Faculty of Sports Science was officially established with 3 functional departments.
1. DEPARTMENT OF SPORTS MANAGEMENT
The Department of Sports Management has developed three internationally-advanced programs based on the University of Michigan-USA (top 17) and other advanced universities, professorships , a leading international expert in sports management, facilities and a modern research environment, and deep relationships with local and international partners.
- Master of Sports Management: training of management professionals in the field of sports business management, sports marketing and financing, club management and sports, economics and finance. sports, sports and leisure sports, sports media and events.
- Bachelor in Sports Business and Event Management Training and providing high quality human resources for sports businesses, event management companies in management positions, event management types Sports business management (marketing, sponsorship, consumer behavior, club management and sports facilities, sports communications ...
- Bachelor of Business in Marine Sports and Sport is the only field of study in Vietnam that specializes in management and business of marine sports and leisure activities, instructing visitors to play water sports. , building tour programs combining sea sports, management activities of gyms, sports clubs of resorts, resorts, ...
2. DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
The physical education program is built on the basis of the student's favorite and popular sport choices (from the results of the most popular sports and fitness tests). To graduate from the University, Ton Duc Thang University students must undergo 150 Physical Education programs including 3 modules of physical education:
- Swimming: a compulsory subject for its essential benefits, to complete each student must swim a minimum of 50m with life skills, drowning.
- Physical Education 1 and 2: Students choose 2 of the following 13 sports: Football, Badminton, Tennis, Volleyball, Taekwondo, Aerobics, Fitness, Vovinam, Traditional Martial Arts, Karatedo, Table Tennis, Basketball, Chess Movement.
3. SPORT CLUB MANAGEMENT AND COMPETITION TEAM
The Sports Science Department is responsible for building and shaping the habits of exercising the health of students throughout the school through 17 Sports Clubs and Teams: Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Karate, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Tennis, Gymnastics, Vovinam, Traditional Martial Arts, Street work out, Sporting Events, Sports Communication. With a full investment in facilities, lecturers and policy of the school, Ton Duc Thang University is a strong sports movement and is at the forefront of sporting events.